What is Massage & Bodywork?
On this page we hope to answer your questions about different modalities and types of massage used to help you feel your best.
Bodywork: Various forms of touch therapies that may use manipulation, movement, and/or repatterning to affect structural changes to the body.
Massage: The application of soft-tissue manipulation techniques to the body, generally intended to reduce stress and fatigue while improving circulation. The many variations of massage account for several different techniques.
In addition to Swedish/therapeutic massage which improves circulation, fresh oxygen and nutrients to your hard working muscles, the massage therapists at Shine Massage & Bodywork are trained in a variety of modalities to help you meet your massage and bodywork goals. Just a few of the therapies we can utilize include:
- neuromuscular therapy as a non-invasive strategy for pain relief
- orthopedic massage to help you regain range-of-motion
- sports massage because we want you to have both a physiologic and psychologic advantage
- prenatal massage because we all know how important it is to be relaxed during pregnancy
- trigger point therapy which is great for pain relief
- lomi lomi, tui-na, stretching, hydrotherapy, couples massage and more.